Qualities of a Good Friend:
A good friend is a great blessing of God. It is said that one who does not have any friend, is really a poor man. There should not be a materialistic approach in a real and good friendship. Let us discuss some qualities of a good friend.
Sincere & Good Friend Qualities:
- In the first place, a good friend always help his friend at critical moments of his life. It is a famous proverb that friend in need is a friend indeed. He must always be at the beck and call of his friend. He should never be a selfish man. Rather, he must be a selfish person in his friendship, because a fair weather friend is dislike and condemned by everyone.
- In the second place, a good friend never deceives his friend. He does not have any secret from his real friend. Because secrecy is just like a poison that always destroy lasting friendships.
- Thirdly, a good friend gives confidence to his friend. Only confidence begets confidence. Two good friends never conceal anything from each other. They become helping hands from each other. A good friend always stands by his friend at the moment of crisis.
- Fourthly, he will always welcome his friend whenever he come to meet him/ He greets him with open arms. He treats him with hospitality.
- Fifthly, a true friend is always loyal to his friend in every matter. Especially at the critical moments of his life, he always remain truthful and sincere to his friend. A good friend is never fault-finding one. He points out the deficiencies of his friend and helps him in rectifying them. He never praises his friend to his face. He always takes criticism positively. He takes this criticism as a guideline in rectifying himself. He expects that his friend will point out his faults in a positive way.
By summing up the discussion, we can say that a good friend is helpful, selfless, confident, hospitable, truthful and honest to his friend. He helps his friend molding his personality in well shape.
He helps his friend in doing good and tries to protect him from harmful things.