Most frequently question from users side “how to install IDM extension in Google Chrome”. Internet download manager is a tool by using which you can easily download your files, documents and videos. But installation of IDM software in your computer is not enough, you should have to install IDM extension in your chrome browser. Without IDM extension in your chrome browser, download bar will not appear in your that browser whether it is chrome or Firefox.
How to Install IDM Extension in Google Chrome:
It is very easy to install IDM extension in your chrome browser just follow the below steps respectively.
- First IDM software should be installed in your computer. (If you don’t have then buy it from here prior to go ahead.) OR You can read How to Get Original Licensed IDM.
- If you done with IDM software installation then go to C:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager. Note: Some times in C local Disk both directories exist simple “Program files” OR “Program Files (x86)” If x86 folder exist then go inside in it. Otherwise if you found only “Program Files” then you also can go inside in it. But give priority to x86 if it is exist in C local disk.
- Then inside this folder find “IDMGCExt.crx” file.
- Now open Google Chrome browser and navigate to extensions page then drag the “IDMGCExt.crx” file from the folder and drop on the extension page. Please see the below image for better understanding.
- A pop up comes up and ask to add this extension simply go ahead and Add Extension. Now your IDM extension has successfully added or installed in your chrome browser.
Once you done with extension installation then restart your browser. That’s all.
Let us know, if you find this article helpful and beneficial for which you were doing searching. If you are facing any trouble while adding this internet download manager extension in your chrome browser then you can join us on our community forum or can write your comment below.